John Frieda Tone Correcting Shampoo Review

| On
5:50 pm
Lately I noticed my hair looking more yellow than usual. My father is a hairdresser but instead of dying it again I thought to trial a purple shampoo so I could let you all know how it went for me. Before getting into my thoughts and the actual review here is what the actual shampoo that I chose looks like:

My hair journey in pictures while using this product

Before

First wash
1st November - left it in for 7 minutes

Second wash
4th November - left in for 5 minutes

Third wash
6th November - left it in my hair for 15 minutes. 

Fourth Wash
9th November - left in for 6 minutes
Today was a cloudy day so the lighting was off. I also had a haircut.

Fifth wash
14th November - Left on for 10 minutes.
This is when I started noticing a difference.

*photo was taken in half sunlight/shade to show how it looks in different lights

Sixth wash
19th November - left in for 12 minutes

Before and after

Now onto my actual opinion on this product!

Price: AUD$14-$18

Packaging:
The squeeze tube makes it easy to get the amount of product you want out however if you open it upside down it will come out unexpectedly. And it will go everywhere, I learnt the hard way!

Scent:
It has a pleasant scent which lingers in the hair even after the shower. It's not too overpowering but if someone were to sniff your hair it will smell nice.
My boyfriend commented on how nice and clean my hair smelt whenever I'd used it.

Claims and recommendations:
  • The formula, containing Colour-Correcting Technology, neutralises brassy and yellow tones.
  • Containing Optical Brightening Technology, it absorbs UV light and emits white-blue light making colour treated hair appear brighter and salon-fresh.
  • Results are noticeable after just 3 uses.
  • For all shades of colour-treated or highlighted blonde hair
  • Gentle enough for every day use
How I used it and my opinions:
The first week I used this shampoo I did wash my hair three times in one week but then I went back to my normal routine of washing my hair twice a week.

I left it to sit in my hair for 5-15minutes before rinsing it out and continuing with my normal conditioner. Before getting out of the shower I'd do a final rinse with cold water. This is supposed to lock it in and help it be more effective according to directions I found online.

This shampoo never left my hair feeling dry, it was always soft with a nice scent to it. Please keep in mind I did not use the coordinating conditioner and it could be my own also adding to the softness of my hair. I always felt like this shampoo really did clean my hair and removed any excess oils or build up in my hair.

If you were to use this daily I'd assume it would feel drying as if you shampoo your hair every day with any shampoo you're removing your natural oils.

I also do not think it made my hair less brassy after three uses however I did notice my blonde was brighter and a lot less dull looking. By the 3rd wash people were asking me if I had gone blonder but it was all thanks to John Freida!

The fifth wash was when I personally really noticed a change to my hair colour. More so when I was in the shade. It finally looked more ashy and not yellow at all. I was so impressed that I took heaps of selfies with my new and improved hair.  I stopped after the 6th wash because the colour of my hair was to my liking so I switched to using this shampoo once a week to maintain the ashy shade.

This was my first purple shampoo I ever tried so I don't have anything to compare it to but I was really impressed with it 😊If you're after "salon-fresh" looking hair that you can maintain yourself I highly recommend this one.




Places to purchase it
Amcal
Woolworths
Target
Priceline
Chemist Warehouse

To purchase internationally:
Ulta
Amazon
Boots

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9