Nars Sheer Glow Review

| On
5:40 pm
I know this isn't a new foundation and there are already many reviews on it but I thought I would join the bandwagon and say my opinion. Better late than never right?

Shade
Medium 2 Santa Fe
Price
AUD$65

Claims
  • A glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage.
  • Enhances your natural complexion
  • Hydrates the skin
  • Has complexion brightening properties to improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture, leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow.
My opinion
CONS
  • It does not come with a pump
  • Pricey
  • No SPF (may be a disadvantage for some people)
  • Feels tacky/sticky to the touch if not set with powder
  • Coverage started to fade on my "problem areas" after 7+ hours
PROS
  • Wide colour range
  • Packaged in a sleek glass bottle which looks very classy
  • No SPF
  • Long wearing
  • Medium to full coverage depending how you apply
  • Looks nice once applied- doesn't have a cakey finish that sits on the skin
  • Lightweight

To test out this foundation properly I wore it to work and for my birthday lunch. I had a 6 hour shift at work (fast food) so it was applied at 10AM. I then left it until 10pm which is 12 hours of wear. By the end of the night I was looking very glowy and the coverage on my cheeks had faded. The foundation lasted perfectly for 8 hours which is the perfect amount of time. It didn't sink into fine lines throughout the day, which is something I struggle with. I smile and laugh too much.

Thankfully the foundation had no flashback and after 7 hours of wear this is how my skin looked: 
Personally I think it still looks good, I did a lot of smiling so that explains why my smile line looks slightly creased but thats about it. This foundation has less coverage than Double Wear or L'Oreal 24H-Matte however it does not claim to be full coverage. I really like how you can still see your own skin through it depending on how much you apply.

I will add that from a distance and in photos this foundation has a more dewy appearance however up close it is more satin-like. After 7 hours from a distance you aren't able to tell that the coverage has faded, I could just add powder on areas that faded and it will be good as new! Now its time to remove my makeup and do a nice face mask👌👌

Overall I really enjoy this foundation so far. I think this is the foundation I'll reach for when I have any events on and want my skin to look it's best without being cakey.
 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9