BECCA Backlight Priming Perfector Review

| On
9:00 am
A month ago I made the impulse decision to purchase the BECCA Backlight Priming Perfector as so many people with dry skin were raving about it. The past month I have worn it almost every day that I have put on makeup to put it to the test and figure out how I feel about it.


Price:
$60 AUD
Purchased from: Adorebeauty
Claims:
Get the secret behind the BECCA golden glow. Imparting a neutral, golden-beige sheen to the skin,BECCA Backlight Priming Perfector is infused with three unique Filtering Luminescent Pearls, adding a touch of diffused light to the skin. This universal formula is ideal for use on bare skin to give a lively finish, or with foundations of any coverage type, and any formulation.

BECCA Backlight Priming Perfector has a lightweight, whipped fluid formula gives a smooth, even canvas for makeup application, filtering the skin. The skin is given just a hint of gentle golden glow, appropriate for all skin tones.

My first impression of the product was that it reminded me a lot of Australis' Mineral Face Highlighter, it smells similar and has a similar feeling to it.


Here is a comparison of the two swatched:

The above comparison was pretty pointless lol, but if you wanted to use it as something to mix in with your foundation I have done it with both these products and they both work really well. The Australis product could also be a dupe if you were to use the BECCA primer this way.


Now onto my actual opinions on the primer. 

When I applied the primer to my bare face it made my skin very glowy and dewy looking. It does not have a sticky or wet feeling to it at all and you do not need to sit around waiting for it to sink it. This is a major benefit for me because I'm usually impatient and don't like sitting and waiting for a product to set.

To really put it to the test I applied a completely matte foundation over the top of it. Thankfully to my surprise the luminosity still peeped through and gave my skin a healthier look. I was really impressed by this since I tend to avoid matte foundations as they can look too cakey on my dryer skin. 

Another issue I had with my skin was that I had dry patches that my foundation would ALWAYS cling to. Whenever I primed with this that did not happen, it was like the light would reflect off my dry areas and they looked luminous like the rest of my skin.

I did not find this to prolong the wear of my foundation as it usually lasts pretty well anyway but after a full days wear my skin looked super dewy. Especially my nose! Sometimes it looked like I had been sweating, this only occurred when I used a dewy foundation in conjunction with it. I am unsure of how someone with oily skin would like this product how ever if you were to apply it mixed with your foundation on top of a matte primer I don't see why it would not work well for you. Mixing it in with my foundation or BB creams is actually my favourite way to apply it. I found it to give me more of a glow when I used it this way and it slightly thinned out the consistency of my thicker foundations. 

This product is not my favourite as a primer only because it didn't prolong the wear but I am obsessed with the results I get when I make a foundation primer cocktail with it! I am so glad I purchased this because its a dream to apply to my dry skin.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9