Comparison: Colourpop & Stila Liquid Lipsticks

| On
6:00 am
For a very long time Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip was the only liquid lipsticks I owned in my collection. Recently I purchased one of Stila's to test it out. 

The shade I purchased is Patina which reminded me a lot of Colourpop's Clueless when I swatched it. I have decided to put them both to the test and let you all know my thoughts.



Prices
Colourpop $6 (USD)

Stila $36 (AUD)

About
Colourpop's Clueless
dusty mauve pink

Stila's Patina
dusty rose

For this review I wore both liquid lipsticks for 5 hours on half of my lips. Both liquid lips were worn during eating and drinking as well as the usual daily errands.



Compared to the arm swatches above, both the shades look different on my lips and a lot less similar. That's a good thing because at least I don't own two liquid lipsticks the exact same shade! I noticed that both shades dry a lot darker than how they look in the tube and when they are first applied. Neither of these shades would be classified as an everyday wearable shade on my skintone, so if you are more fair keep this in mind. 

When I applied both liquid lips I noticed that Stila has a thicker and more creamier consistency compared to Colourpop, which is a lot thinner. Although Colourpop dried a lot faster than Stila and gave my lips a tight/drying feeling. Once dried neither of the liquid lipsticks transferred and were not uncomfortable at all.

Throughout the day there was not much change on either side, they both held up really well and did not come off onto my glass when I drank. At the end of the day I noticed that the inner parts of my lips had worn off on both sides. I also noticed that the Colourpop side had kind of bunched up into little balls and was a little more worn off than the Stila one.



Both liquid lips give me the 'white line' on the inside of my lips after a full days wear. I also find that towards the end of the day the Stila one transfers more.

Overall I like both of these liquid lipsticks equally. For the price Colourpop is really good however the Stila one was slightly more comfortable to wear, which you'd expect if you are paying more for it. Hopefully this comparison was helpful and the above picture shows you how well they lasted. 

Leave a comment of some of your favourite liquid lipsticks that I should try out below!



1 comment on "Comparison: Colourpop & Stila Liquid Lipsticks"

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9