Colourpop Highlighter - Buy or Bye?

| On
6:57 pm
Often people find their cheek products to wear off after 5 or so hours of wear so I decided to put the Colourpop highlighter in Lunch Money to the test. Their highlighters retail for $8 USD and this one in particular is described as a "soft light gold with a reflective duo chrome finish."

Consistency
Like Colourpop's shadows their highlighters also have a strange yet amusing consistency. It is very bouncy, soft and mousse/cream-like yet it has a powdery finish. Ensure to close the lid tightly otherwise it can dry up.

Application
Fingertips work the best in my opinion. You can sheer out the highlight or build it up to the intensity you desire. Their site also recommend using synthetic or duo fiber brushes however I find when using brushes it takes my foundation off and goes really patchy. To be safe I always opt for fingertips but I do feel like it is a little difficult to apply.

Swatches
Colourpop Lunch Money
My opinion

For an affordable (despite the horrible shipping that makes it not so affordable when buying one or two products) it is a good highlight. I have worn this product for 7 hours and it was still completely visible on my cheek bones. I love how you can customise the intensity to suit your preferences by building it up or blending it out. They offer a variety of shades to suit all skin tones plus Colourpop now ships worldwide so everyone can get their hands on it!

The only negative I have found other than applying it with a brush is that after 6 or so hours it starts to break up on the tip of my nose. Not only does it do this but I also find powder or liquid highlighters to be a lot easier to apply than this formula.

Personally I never see myself purchasing another one and if you prefer applying highlighter with a brush or using powders then this product is a BYE. However, if you are on a budget and tend to use your fingertips anyway then this product is definitely a BUY! For the price point and quality you cannot go wrong. I feel like it really depends on your preferences when it comes to this product so it is up to you whether it is a buy or buy.

If you own any Colourpop highlighters or products in general let me know what your favourites are in the comments!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9