My Skin Diaries #2

| On
5:11 pm
Skin update time! I have been on the natural route for about a month now and I wanted to check in on how my skin is going. To catch up please read my first post so you have a background on whats going on and the benefits/reasons of what I am taking.
Vitamins
I am still taking my Vitamin A, Multivitamin and Maca tablets daily.

In terms of the maca root tablet the only thing I have noticed thus far is my period is regular and lighter although I am still getting headaches and hormonal acne. I will be trying something with my diet to further help balance my hormones to see if that will help with the hormonal breakouts. When I finish this bottle of tablets I will up my dosage to 1000mg to see if that works better since I haven't had any negative side effects to this lower dosage.

Diet
I am very happy to say that I have completely cut out sugar (except from fruits) from my diet for the past two months. At the beginning I did suffer from afternoon headaches which I am putting it down to sugar cravings but a banana and a block of 70-90% dark chocolate usually helped. Some days they were really bad though and it was tough to not eat biscuits instead. Thankfully the cravings are gone and I have no desire to eat processed sugary foods. I do feel like this has helped a lot with keeping the acne away. Like I said above I still got hormonal acne when it was that time of the month but when it wasn't I had none. I will continue to keep sugar out of my diet and if you are thinking of cutting it out or currently are going through it I know it is tough but it is definitely worth it in the end! Plus it has so many other health benefits.

I still have juices with a mixture of vegetables and fruits which has replaced my old processed sugar intake but I now include seeds which I will speak about more. I came across a post here talking about how you can balance your hormones naturally with seed cycling. Unfortunately my period arrived before I could gather all the seeds so I won't start this properly until next month. Keep an eye out for my next update because i'll definitely include more about this!

Detox
As for my detox this had to be put on hold. I did start it but I got really sick so I had to stop. The detox didn't make me sick I just suffer from reoccuring tonsillitis and needed all the energy I could get.

I can tell you that the tea I chose tasted really good so it was easy to drink the recommended amount.

Skincare/Beauty
Last but not least is what I am doing topically.
I am still using -
The same rosehip oil, hydrating face fluid, cleansing oil and face masks. I finished my Antipodes cleanser completely so now I am using one by Iluka and I switched out my moisturiser as it made my skin itchy. The one I use now is the Trilogy Ultra Hydrating Face Cream which helps so much with my dry skin.

As for makeup I decided to purchase the Organic CC Cream by Physician's Formula and use a Nude by Nature powder to add more coverage.

I am also looking into dermarolling to help treat my scarring. I am usually a big sook when it comes to pain and have a phobia of needles so I don't know how well it will work. I'm very tempted to take the plunge after researching it and seeing amazing results. I have no idea what brand is best so if you have any recommendations please let me know and you'll most likely read about my experience in the next few updates!

Thats all I have to say for this update and I will have another one up in a month or so.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9