Trash Talk #2

| On
9:00 pm
Welcome back everyone to a new blogpost and a new week!

I have finally accumulated enough used up products to review for you all. (To read my first trash talks post click here.) I have been pushing myself lately to use up any products that were almost finished and I have also been testing out a lot of samples the past month.

Without further ado lets get into the reviews.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation
$62 AUD
I tested out a new foundation and used up the sample completely. This was the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation. I have normal-dry skin and struggle with foundation always ending up looking cakey and powdery on me. I wore this foundation for the first time to work (fast food) for 7 hours. When I got home and inspected my face I barely had any creasing in my smile lines, no creasing at all on my forehead and my skin looked healthy and glowy. I didn't look like a powdery dry mess at all! I was super impressed with this foundation and I really want to purchase the full size!


Skin Doctors Supermoist Hydrating Face Moisturiser
$44.95 AUD
Moisturiser is one of the products that I always go through so fast. I still haven't found the perfect moisturiser for my skin and am always trying out a new one when I use one up. This moisturiser didn't irritate my sensitive skin and it really hydrated my dryer skin. It didn't take long at all to settle into my skin which meant I could apply my makeup almost immediately after application.

Some days I really felt like it made my skin look so clear and healthy which left me amazed but other days I felt as though it wasn't anything special. In saying that I did still really enjoy using it and it was one of the better moisturisers I have ever tried. I will not be repurchasing it any time soon as I am currently trying out another one. The price is also a little off-putting for a moisturiser.


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
$12.69 AUD
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. This is the second or third one of these that I have gone through and I am pretty sure it was in my first Trash Talks post. I have already repurchased it and I always will. It is the best concealer I have ever tried for both undereyes and blemishes. It leaves you with a dewy finish and medium/buildable coverage.

GlamGlow Supermud
$98 AUD
Face masks have become my obsession in the past year and I love trying out new ones to figure out what work for me and what don't. This is the first mask I used up in this empties review and it was only a sample but I used it up so quickly! Since I had a limited amount I only applied it directly to pimples and slept with it. When I woke up they reduced in size and it even brought some to the surface which would have taken an extra few days if I didn't speed up the process. I loved this mask and really want to purchase the full size but it is so expensive! I need to keep hunting for it to find it at a bit more of an affordable price but I definitely recommend this.

Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji
$71 AUD
First of all can I just say has the price for this gone up at MECCA recently???? I swear it was $65 when I bought my full sized one! It's always the things you love that have to be the most expensive.

Anywho, I love this foundation. This one here was a sample that I used up because I was trying out a shade that was my summer colour. Summer just ended for those of you on the other side of the world who are luckily entering it. For a full review on this foundation click here

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
$58 AUD
To be completely honest this primer didn't really do anything for me. You would already know by now that my skin is on the normal/dryer side and I also do not have large pores. The only thing I noticed with that primer was that my foundation applied a lot smoother however it felt like I was applying straight up silicone. I still had creases in my smile lines which was pretty disappointing although barely any primers prevent that. I prefer my affordable primers over this one and definitely won't be repurchasing. 

Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Precise
$9.99 AUD
For an affordable eyebrow pencil I really enjoyed using this. It glided on very smoothly and lasted all day. It did come with a few downfalls as it was such a smooth product that it was hard to achieve sharp lines and it meant it went blunt very quick. I won't be repurchasing this as I am obsessed with my brow pomade and powders. I still do recommend this if you are looking for a pencil to quickly fill in your brows!

KIKO Skin Tone Corrector Primer
9.90 pounds
This is the only colour correcting primer I have ever tried and I'm sad that I have used it all up. Living in Australia means I cannot repurchase this product and if I could I would! It is a green primer to counteract the redness in your face and I found that it dulled it down enough for me to notice it made a difference.

The primer has a smooth moisturising feeling to it and although I didn't find it to prolong the wear of my makeup it did create the perfect base for foundation. If you can get your hands on this try it out!

Avon Moroccan Argan Oil Mask
$12.99 AUD
I have gone through about 4 of these masks over the past few years and love it for a deep conditioning treatment. It is affordable and leaves your hair feeling so smooth! I won't be repurchasing as I make my own hot oil hair masks now.

EOS Lipbalm
$10.60 AUD
This lip balm was a gift a few months ago and I used it up so quickly. I applied it twice a day and it left my lips feeling soft, although it is not the most moisturising lip balm I have tried it works really well under lipsticks or liquid lipsticks. It prevents your lips from feeling tight and dry when used this way.

ELF High Definition Undereye Setting Powder
$8 AUD
I bought this powder after hearing Shaaanxo and Kathleenlights mention it on their channels. It helps to brighten up the undereyes and set concealer. This one that I own had small glitter particles throughout it which really helped brighten the area when the light hit them. These were not obvious at all and most brushed away when you applied it. For $8 this powder works really well however I find that my undereyes still do crease slightly. I will not be repurchasing this product now as I use translucent powders and "bake" my undereyes but I would probably get this again in the future.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
$9.99 AUD 
I feel like everyone raves about this product, me included. When I cannot be bothered using the following product I'll be discussing I always reach for this. It is time-effective, cost-effective and works wonders. It does not irritate my eyes or sensitive skin at all and does not break me out like some people have said. Keep this in mind if you have really sensitive skin. I have already repurchased this - it is a must have for me!


Palmer's Facial Cleansing Oil
$14.95 AU
This is a dry skinned girl's dream cleanser. To remove a full face of makeup I had to go in with this twice otherwise for my usual "every day" face one cleanse sufficed. After using this product it did not leave my face with a weird oily film which I was pleased about, instead it left my skin feeling soft and moisturised. If I don't find any other affordable cleansing oils or balms I will be repurchasing this one! Palmer's skincare range works really well with my sensitive skin.


Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
$11.57 AUD
Another product I purchased because of Kathleenlights was this toner. This took me forever to use up because I'm not a toner person. I actually put it into a spray bottle to encourage myself to use it more often. I don't really understand the purpose or need of toner but I will probably repurchase this because it is so affordable and lasts a long time. It did not irritate my skin at all.

Thank you for reading todays post!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9