My Flawless Foundation Routine

| On
8:42 pm
I'm not the type of person that sticks to one foundation routine for prolonged periods of time as I have never found products to work 100% for me every time. I have finally hit the jackpot and am really excited to share it with you all! I have dry, acne prone skin that tends to crease a lot, especially in my smile lines. Foundations would either combat one issue but accentuate another. This routine involves four crucial products that prevents every single one of my issues, that being said let's get straight into it.


The first and most important product I use is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask ($39).
Don't be fooled by the words "overnight" because I completely ignore that and apply this mask two-to-three hours prior to wearing makeup. As I mentioned above I have dry/dehydrated skin so oil or a moisturiser usually is not enough. This mask claims to leave your skin nourished, hydrated and plump and that is exactly what it does. So many people say that skincare is the most important part to get right to result in an easier makeup application and it is so true. If you suffer from dry patches I highly recommend you try any hydrating mask prior to makeup application.

Once I have let the mask sink in I then rinse off any excess with cold water and pat dry. The reason as to why I use cold water is to tighten my pores. Think of getting a facial or giving yourself one, warm water/steam helps to open up your pores to allow your skin to properly absorb the products that will be applied so the opposite is done when applying makeup.

Foundation coverage wearing off was another issue I faced but ever since Nikkietutorials introduced Nivea Mens Post Shave Balm ($8.60) into every beauty lovers life my foundation does not budge.
I am sure you have seen endless reviews and praise on this product so I won't go too much into it however this product contains glycerine which prolongs the wear of your makeup. This "primer" provides a tacky base for your foundation to really grasp onto.

Now for the stars of the show. The actual foundation I use. I enjoy using a foundation which acts both as a foundation and concealer. I have a lot of redness to cover so I opt for full coverage. The most full coverage foundation I own is the L'Oreal Infallible 24H-matte ($20.95). When I wear this alone it gives me a powdery and somewhat cakey finish so I pair it with my Becca Backlight Priming Filter ($50) to give it more of a dewy finish.

By following these steps and incorporating all these products I am able to get a long-lasting, dewy, full-coverage foundation. I have worn this foundation routine out to parties and there is no flash back, which is a major bonus if you're going to be taking photos! Personally I do not powder as this lasts 8+ hours on my skin on its own and I do not need it.

After applying my blush, bronzer etc I use my Australis Makeup Finishing Sprtiz ($15.95) to settle the powders and maintain a dewy finish.

I know how difficult it is to work with dry patches, redness and creasing that ages you 5 years but there are always ways to work with it. Hopefully this flawless foundation routine was helpful and if you have dry skin too try this technique out!


~ ~ ~
Alternative Products: A drugstore alternative for the Becca Backlight Priming Filter for those of you whom may not want to purchase it, the Australis Mineral Face Highlighter gives the same effect at a much lower cost. I compare the two in a review here
As for a hydrating face mask, the one mentioned is the only one I have tried so far so I do not have exact alternatives. In saying this, you could check iHerb as they sell a lot of face masks at affordable prices and have good shipping rates or Chemist Warehouse.


Disclaimer: I do not complete this routine every single time I wear makeup only when I desire a flawless base. Also, everyone's skin is personal to them and this may or may not work for your skin type. All opinions are my own and based off my own experience and preferences.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9